This weeks' Texture Tuesday challenge word with Kim Klassen is "story". Well, this is the story of my "new" little green jar. It's a half pint size and the most beautiful shade of green. We found it on a basement shelf in my Mother-In-Law house. Perhaps it was placed on this shelf because she knew it was so special. It would have been many, many years since she filled this little jar, perhaps with Chokecherry or Pincherry Jelly, Saskatoon Jam or maybe even Mustard Pickles. It's sat empty and alone for quite a few years and now it sits in the entrance on an old table that will be refinished this summer. Not filled with jam or pickles right now, the best I could do this weekend was Dogwood and grass.
The textures used on both photos were Kim's Providence as well as a texture by LenabemAnna. I hope you enjoy my little jar as much as I do as I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of it.



13 comments:
it makes me wonder how many people have held this jar, scooped out a jam or pickles and sat and eaten and talked and shared i love it
Love, love jars like these! A beautiful photo...sweet story:)
I don't ever think of using grasses -- great photo and very unique. (I love the Providence texture too!)
I'm glad that lovely jar is out of the basement. Very nice!
nice composition and awesome processing! thanks for the visit
Fantastic! I particularly love the closer crop!
A great story and a beautiful image.
I love the second composition...lovely work.
i REALLY love that green jar! perfect for photographing. lovely light in these photos... and the texture work is perfect for this kind of prairie grass. i'd love to find a jar like that in some special place... or even just some random place. it seems like it's old and full of character... they just don't make things the way they used to.
i came via kk's texture tuesday!
Beautiful simple set up, I love it. The tones are so calming and wonderful, great work.
Love your little jar and the grasses look great in. Love the image and your texture work.
you've put the jar to good use...it's beauty was wasted on the basement shelf.
Very beautiful photos.
Post a Comment