Monday, February 13, 2012

Texture Tuesday - Happiness

Since Kim Klassen issued the challenge, happiness, for this week's Texture Tuesday I've been thinking about happiness and what truly makes me happy.  As I looked at a bouquet of flowers given to me by two wonderful friends I noticed a little daisy, a little older than the rest of the bunch and starting to show it's age.  This little daisy was close to the other bunch, but a little bit off by itself. It reminded me of growing older and sometimes not being part of the younger world that surrounds us.  Looking at the daisies, my mind started to think about plucking the petals off and saying he loves me, he loves me not, then I thought about my husband of 36 years and I realized he is my happiness because he loves me, he loves me.  It doesn't really matter how old I get, how tattered I look or how droopy my petals are, he still loves me.

This photo has two layers of Kim Klassen's Canvasback applied to it.  If you hover over it with the mouse you should see the before and after.  Happy Valentine's Day to you all and I hope everyone finds someone or something that brings you true happiness.


kimklassencafe

4 comments:

Rebecca Lewis said...

This is beautiful and a wonderful use to textures too.

Susan said...

Love it!!

Happy Valentine's Day ♥

Leah C said...

Just beautiful!

MarieElizabeth said...

Such a good composition! Very nice.